Thursday, October 28, 2010

"We are a sent people, we dont have rights to put down roots."



So this past week in chapel a man named Brad Buser spoke. If you have never heard of him you need to watch the video that I posted with this post.

I heard him speak for the first time in Mexico when I was a senior in high school. He is one of the main reasons that I want to do missions to this day. I think it is so cool to see how God works, bringing him back into my life when it seemed like just the right time.

Although I may not be the one climbing through the jungle, I have been confirmed again that spreading the Word of God and showing his love to all people is exactly what I want to do with my life.

His message is challenging and convicting, he talks about how missions isn't a "calling" its a command. "Jesus had many topics he addressed before he was crucified... marriage, loving one another, forgiving.... but after he rose he only focused on one thing.. GO INTO ALL THE WORLD!

2 comments:

  1. awesome. and encouraging. because sometimes it's easy to feel guilty about not putting down roots for my child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as hard as it is for a mom to read this... I know that is where your heart longs to be...where God call you. I trust God will take care of you and I know you are his child in the first place. I will continue preparing my heart for that day.

    ReplyDelete